scroll down for more
Ludlow Golf Club, founded in 1889, is the oldest club & course in the Union of Shropshire and Herefordshire. The course was developed on its present site in 1927 by the legendary architect James Braid and still retains many of its original features and charm.
The course shares its land with a race course, much like several early classic golf courses, and is part of the Earl of Plymouth Estates portfolio of land holdings.
Overlooked by the highest Peak in Shropshire, the Brown Clee Hill, part of the Shropshire Hills area of outstanding natural beauty, the course is based on sand and gravel and is often described as an inland links, and is one of, if not the driest course in the counties of Shropshire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
It offers members and visitors alike excellent playing conditions on permanent tees and greens in use throughout the year. With gently undulating softly sprung fairways and greens that are locally renowned for their speed and trueness, Ludlow offers a fair and competitive test of golf to players of all abilities.